Australian Datum Tool
Last updated: 16 Jun 2014
This program allows you to easily convert coordinates between Easting/Northings and Lat/Lon coordinates in a number of different datums such as AGD and GDA.
Once you've converted your coordinate, you can view the location in Google Earth with the click of a button. (See also Geographic Tool which is the international version of this tool).
Screen shot of AusDatumTool on Windows 7 (click on image to toggle between compact and expanded views)
See a list of the latest updates here.
Click here to see the diverse applications that people are using this tool for.
To install the program, simply open the zip file and drag the single exe file onto your Windows Desktop. It runs on Windows XP, Vista and 7.
(Mac OS X users and Linux users click here).
- Conversion between UTM and Lat/Lon
- Conversion between supported datums
- View converted coordinates in Google Earth, if installed (WGS84,GDA94 and NZGD2000 datums)
- Convert between UTM coordinates and grid refs.
- Show extents of any modern Australian map sheet.
- Support for historical Australian miles/military map coordinates (ANG) and grid refs.
- Time-dependent conversion between WGS84 and GDA94 to account for datum shift due to tectonic plate movement
- Built-in datum shift parameter calculator for ANG datum.
- Maidenhead Locator tool.
- Optional NTv2 grid shifts between AGD66 or AGD84 and GDA94 datums for sub-metre accuracy.
- Australian: AGD66 (AMG), AGD84 (AMG), GDA94 (MGA), ANG
- New Zealand: NZGD49, NZGD2000
- International: WGS84
Click here for instructions on how to use AusDatumTool
A DLL is also available if you are a developer wishing to incorporate the coordinate conversion functionality into your C#, VB, VBA, or C/C++ application. If interested, please contact us for details.