Australian Datum Tool
Last updated: Mar 2017
This program allows you to easily convert coordinates between Easting/Northings and Lat/Lon coordinates in a number of different datums such as AGD, GDA, and WGS84.
Once you've converted your coordinate, you can view the location in Google Earth with the click of a button. You can also perform batch coordinate conversions using files.
Screen shot of AusDatumTool on Windows 7 (click on image to toggle between compact and expanded views)
For an overview of how to use AusDatumTool, watch this video on YouTube
See a list of the latest updates here.
Click here to see the diverse applications that people are using this tool for.
There is no installer, so simply open the zip file and drag the files onto your Windows Desktop, or to another folder. Run by double-clicking the AusDatumTool exe file. It runs on Windows XP, Vista, 7, 8 and 10.
(Mac OS X users and Linux users click here).
- Interactive and batch file conversion between UTM and Lat/Lon coordinates.
- Conversion between supported datums (see list below).
- View converted coordinates in Google Earth, if installed (WGS84, GDA94 and NZGD2000 datums).
- Convert between UTM coordinates and grid refs.
- Show extents of any modern Australian map sheet.
- Support for historical Australian miles/military map coordinates (ANG) and grid refs.
- Time-dependent conversion between WGS84 and GDA94 to account for datum shift due to tectonic plate movement
- Built-in datum shift parameter calculator for ANG datum.
- Maidenhead Locator tool.
- Optional NTv2 grid shifts between AGD66 or AGD84 and GDA94 datums for sub-metre accuracy.
- Built-in tools to compute grid convergence and point scale factor.
- Australian: AGD66 (AMG), AGD84 (AMG), GDA94 (MGA), GDA2020 , ANG
- New Zealand: NZGD49, NZGD2000
- International: WGS84
Supported file formats:
- Comma delimited (*.csv)
- Space separated (*.ssv, *.txt)
- Google Earth KML (*.kml)
Click here for more detailed instructions on how to use AusDatumTool ...